RICS property measurement
RICS property measurement published on 18 May 2015. Comprising the Professional statement: office measurement, IPMS: Office Buildings and the Code of measuring practice, it will be updated to comply with new IPMS standards (residential, industrial, retail) as they are published.
Elements of RICS property measurement are mandatory for RICS members and will be subject to regulation by RICS. Other elements are professional best practice and practitioners are strongly advised to follow them.
IPMS residential - Consultation began 15 June 2015 on the measurement of residential buildings.
APC, CPD updates - Commentary
Issued at the end of July, let isurv guide you through the latest updates.
BIM for cost managers - RICS professional guidance
This guidance note provides an awareness of BIM and recommendations for good practice when producing measurement outputs.
Project management: data centres - Feature
Determining the location of data centres calls for specialist skills, as Bob Marsh explains.
Planning bulletin - Commentary
See the latest on legislation, policy and consultations.
RICS Futures - RICS report
Our changing world: let's be ready explores the implications of key drivers for change to 2030.
Contribute to isurv
- Extracting the evidence - 27 August 2015
- Residential: tenancy deposits - 26 August 2015
- Valuation for Rating (Plant and Machinery) (England) Regulations 2000 - 25 August 2015
- Town and Country Planning (Fees) Regulations - 25 August 2015
- Town and Country Planning (Trees) Regulations 1999 - 25 August 2015
New and updated
Overviews of commentary updates, by topic, from our expert contributors.
- Building regulations
- Case studies
- Document templates
- Market surveys
- RICS professional guidance
RICS professional guidance
- RICS property measurement
- Commercial real estate agency standards
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- Full list of RICS professional guidance
- isurv guidance archive