RICS property measurement
RICS property measurement published on 18 May 2015. Comprising the Professional statement: office measurement, IPMS: Office Buildings and the Code of measuring practice, it will be updated to comply with new IPMS standards (residential, industrial, retail) as they are published.
Elements of RICS property measurement are mandatory for RICS members and will be subject to regulation by RICS. Other elements are professional best practice and practitioners are strongly advised to follow them.
IPMS residential - Consultation began 15 June 2015 on the measurement of residential buildings.
Environmental and sustainability valuation - Commentary
New isurv author, Professor Sarah Sayce, has completely revised this section.
Management of risk - RICS professional guidance
A 1st edition guidance note, this covers general principles, practical applications and tips for successful implementation.
Managing insolvency - Commentary
Updated throughout, this section includes new text on processes.
Testing the water - Feature
Understanding the performance of materials is key to reducing the damage caused by flooding.
RICS Futures - RICS report
Our changing world: let's be ready explores the implications of key drivers for change to 2030.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - 05 July 2015
- Building control: Wimbledon - 03 July 2015
- Sustainability: EU energy saving opportunities - 02 July 2015
- UK Economy and Property Market Chart Book 2015 (RICS) - 01 July 2015
- Flood damage: performance of materials - 01 July 2015
New and updated
Overviews of commentary updates, by topic, from our expert contributors.
- Building regulations
- Case studies
- Document templates
- Market surveys
- RICS professional guidance
RICS professional guidance
- RICS property measurement
- Commercial real estate agency standards
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- Full list of RICS professional guidance
- isurv guidance archive